Conference Wednesday and Welcome-Dinner - November 22th, 2023
- at 2.00 p.m. in Hotel Barceló Cabo de Gata
Avenida Juegos de Casablanca s/n, 04131 Retamar, Almerìa, Spain
Welcome and start at 3.00 p.m.
- Wolfgang Braunstein, gfa-consulting (AT)
- Esperanza Orellana Moraleda, Ministry of Agriculture (ES)
- Juan Antonio González Real, Coexphal (ES)
- Goncalo Andrade, Portugal fresh (PT)
Current market situation, internationality, export opportunities, sustainability... (3.30 - 7.00 p.m.)
- Results and challenges after 50 years of development of horticulture in Almería - Jan van der Blom, Association of Horticultural Producers and Exporters in Almería, COEXPHAL (ES)
- Fruit and vegetables current challenges... - Luc Vanoirbeek, Copa Cogeca (BE)
- Climate change, Sustainability and Food security: the challenges for F&V sector - Simona Caselli, AREFLH - Assembly of European Fruit, Vegetable and Horticulture Regions (IT)
- Market development and challenges for the Almería region - Juan Carlos Pérez Mesa, University of Almería (ES)
- Ecowoox, the European brand that certifies recyclability and eco-design in wooden packaging - Raquel Aguado Munoz, FEDEMCO - Spanish Federation of Wooden Light Weight Packaging and Components (ES)
- Questions and discussion - Goncalo Andrade, moderator
- Summary of the 1st day - Wolfgang Braunstein, gfa-consulting (AT)
Welcome Dinner - Hotel Barceló Cabo de Gata - Restaurant Arrozante at 8.00 pm.
- Avenida Juegos de Casablanca s/n, 04131 Retamar, Almería, Spain
- Tel. +34 / 950 / 18 42 50
Conference and Networking-Dinner - November 23rd, 2023
- at 9.30 a.m. in Hotel Barceló Cabo de Gata - Team of gfa-consulting (AT)
Welcome & Start - 10.00 a.m.
- Wolfgang Braunstein, gfa - consulting (AT)
CAP Strategic plans and agricultural politics (10.05 a.m. - 1.10 p.m.)
- The CAP 2023 - 2027: current state of implementation of fruit and vegetable sectoral interventions and recent legislative changes - Kristine Bori, DG AGRI, Unit B.1 Economical sustainability, fruit and vegetables, European Commission (EC)
- Implementation of the CAP Strategic Plan for fruit & vegetables in Spain - Objectives, contents and challenges - Adrián Torrellas Tomé, Ministry of Agriculture (ES)
- The operational funds and programmes of the FVPOs and their associations in the framework of the Sectoral Intervention of the PEPAC - Manuel Alías Cantón, Agricultural Funds and Rural Development (ES)
- Specific challenges Operational Programme NEW (environment, research & development) - Kerstin Edelmann, gfa-consulting (AT)
- Questions and discussion - Wolfgang Braunstein, moderator
Lunch and Networking (1.10 - 2.30 p.m.)
Current trends, innovations and new challenges - best practice examples (2.30 - 6.15 p.m.)
- Biological control as a key stone for sustainable agriculture - Kris de Smet, Koppert (ES)
- Resilient agriculture to face ecological, social and environmental changes - Rosa Altisent Rosell, IRTA - Institute of Food Research and Technology (ES)
- New Genomic Techniques: challenges and opportunities for EU agriculture - Antonio Villarroel, ANOVE (ES)
- "BayWa r.e. Agri-PV Reference: A deep dive on Fruitvoltaics on the Iberian Peninsula" - Alice Lefort and Carlota Contreras Tamayo, BayWa r.e. (FR/ES)
- "Agrifood Tech: From storytelling to data explaining" - José Luis Molina Zamora, hispatec (ES)
- "CASÍ - a success story" - Juan Jesùs Lara Cruz, CASÍ (ES)
- Questions and discussion - Goncalo Andrade, moderator
- Summary of and closing remarks on ICOP Conference 2023 - Wolfgang Braunstein, gfa-consulting (AT)
Bustransfer and Guided City tour in Almería (6.30 - 8.30 p.m.)
Networking Dinner im Restaurant Club de Mar in Almería at 8.30 p.m.
Excursion Friday- November 24th, 2023
- Departure by bus, 8.30 a.m. meeting point and bustransfer - Hotel Barceló Cabo de Gata
Tour 1 - 50 persons
9.00 a.m. - Visit Research Center of the University of Almería
greenhouse, greenhouse technologies, microalgae and technologies related with Prof. Jorge Antonio Sánchez Molina, official coordinator for European and international projects.
- 10.30 - 11.00 a.m. bustransfer
11.00 a.m. - Visit CASÌ - "Airport"
The visit will be in the warehouse "Airport" - located in Carretera Níjar - la Canada, km 8, 04130 El Alquián. CASÌ has 3 different warehouses with different objectives. "Airport" is a unique warehouse in Europe, really is the most important in Europe about technology, size and capacity of production. "Airport" has the ultimate technology about robotic for example and could be the warehouse most advanced in the world.
- 12.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m. - End of excursion, bustransfer to Airport Almerìa, End of ICOP
Tour 2 - 50 persons
9.00 a.m. - Visit CASÌ - "Airport"
The visit will be in the warehouse "Airport" - located in Carretera Níjar - la Canada, km 8, 04130 El Alquián. CASÌ has 3 different warehouses with different objectives. "Airport" is a unique warehouse in Europe, really is the most important in Europe about technology, size and capacity of production. "Airport" has the ultimate technology about robotic for eample and could be the warehouse most advanced in the world.
- 10.30 - 11.00 a.m. - bustransfer
11.00 a.m. - Visit Warehouse Vicasol 3 El Ejido
Vicasol is a cooperative that is characterized by connecting the farmer directly with the market. We have almost 1000 farmer members, some of whom are already the third generation of the family in Vicasol. To this family of farmers is added our team with more than 2500 workers. Thanks to the work of all of us, we cultivate more than 1,800 hectares, and produce more than 240 tons of product marketed in countries in Europe, North America and Asia. We have four handling centers in the province of Almería, one of them exclusively for organic farming.
- 12.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m. - End of excursion, bustransfer to Airport Almería, End of ICOP